Sunday, February 5, 2017

Victoria Film Festival 2017 Gala...under the white umbrellas!

Victoria Filmfestival 2017 opened Saturday night with a "spring" themed gala, under the twinkle lights and white umbrellas at the Atrium building.  The glass elevator and organic architecture made for some magical images.

Sometimes, I wonder, do I like it in colour or in black and white more?  Sometimes I just don't know.  I love colour, but I also love the magic or illusion created by black and white imagery.  

I do know that I like to shoot with ambient light and push the limits of available light, shooting with low resolution rather than employ the flash.  A flash can be your friend, but my love of nature light wins almost every time.  So with low resolution, sometimes black and white is my go to.  

Here are a few favorites in colour and in black and white.  









For more images follow me at 
or visit 

No comments:

Post a Comment