Saturday, November 1, 2014

Meet Klara...the yarn graffiti artist

Meet Klara.  She's a graffiti artist who likes to make her world more friendly and cheerful with yarn.  




Over the past months, I have been working on illustrations for Children's stories. I have experimented with quite a few art forms and I started producing needle felted characters to help me draw or paint characters in different poses and actions.  

Somewhere along the way I realized that I was getting better at making 3-d wool characters and preferred some of them to the drawings or paintings I was coming up with. I started to photograph scenes using characters and props that I had made, combining 2 of my strengths, 3-d art and photography. In time I realized, photographing needle felted characters and found objects worked like a charm for illustrating certain stories. 

This week, I found a window of 10 minutes where it wasn't raining sideways (common in the fall on an island in the North Pacific) and captured Klara climbing trees and covering them in yarn!  More adventures of Klara and other characters will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment